Christ My Song - 1175
Oh King of earth and air and sea! - Fourth Sunday in Lent
(Reginald Heber/Johannes Thomas Rüegg)
Fourth Sunday in Lent.
2. to thee the lions roaring call,
the common Father, kind to all!
Then grant thy servants, Lord! we pray,
our daily bread from day to day!
3. The fishes may for food complain;
the ravens spread their wings in vain;
the roaring lions lack and pine!
But God! Thou carest still for thine!
4. Thy bounteous hand with food can bless
the bleak and lonely wilderness;
and thou hast taught us, Lord! to pray
for daily bread from day to day!
5. And oh, when through the wilds we roam
that part us from our heavenly home;
when lost in danger, want and woe,
our faithless tears begin to flow;
6. do thou thy gracious comfort give,
by which alone the soul may live;
and grant thy servants, Lord! we pray,
the bread of life from day to day!
Reginald Heber, Heber's Hymns, 1870, 36-37.