Christ My Song - 1996
Hark! what mean those holy voices
(John Cawood/Johannes Thomas Rüegg)
Hark! what mean those holy voices.
1. Hark! what mean those holy voices
sweetly warbling in the skies?
Sure the angelic host rejoices,
loudest hallelujahs rise.
Hallelujah! PDF - Midi
2. Listen to the wondrous story,
which they chant in hymns of joy!
"Glory in the highest, glory,
glory be to God most high!
3. Peace on earth, good will from heaven,
reaching far as man is found;
souls redeemed, and sins forgiven,
loud our golden harps shall sound.
4. Christ is born, the great Anointed!
Heaven and earth his glory sing!
Glad receive whom God appointed
for your Prophet, Priest, and King.
5. Hasten, mortals, to adore him,
learn his name and taste his joy,
till in heaven you sing before him,
Glory be to God most high!
6. Let us learn the wondrous story
of our great Redeemer's birth,
spread the brightness of his glory,
till it cover all the earth.
John Cawood, in: Philip Schaff, Christ in Song, 1870, 56-57.