Christ My Song - 237
King of kings, and wilt thou deign - Thy Kingdom Come!
(William Augustus Muhlenberg/Johannes Thomas Rüegg)
Thy Kingdom Come!
2. Then like heaven's angelic bands,
waiting for thine high commands,
all my powers shall wait on thee,
captive, yet divinely free.
3. At thy word my Will shall bow,
Judgment, Reason, bending low;
Hope, Desire, and every thought,
into glad obedience brought.
4. Zeal shall haste on eager wing,
hourly some new gift to bring;
Wisdom, humbly casting down
at thy feet her golden crown.
5. Tuned by thee in sweet accord,
all shall sing their gracious Lord;
Love, the leader of the choir,
breathing round her seraph fire.
6. Be it so – my heart 's thy throne,
all my powers thy sceptre own,
and, with them on thine own hill,
live rejoicing in thy will.
William Augustus Muhlenberg, I would not live alway, 1860, 36-37.