Christ My Song - 338
There is a fountain filled with blood - Praise for the fountain opened (William Cowper/Johannes Thomas Rüegg)
Praise for the fountain opened. – Zechariah 13,1.
1. There is a fountain filled with blood
drawn from Emmanuel's veins;
and sinners, plunged beneath that flood,
lose all their guilty stains. (PDF - Midi)
2. The dying thief rejoiced to see
the fountain in his day;
and there have I, as vile as he,
washed all my sins away.
3. Dear dying Lamb, thy precious blood
shall never lose its power,
till all the ransomed church of God
be saved to sin no more.
4. E'er since, by faith, I saw the stream
thy flowing wounds supply,
redeeming love has been my theme,
and shall be till I die.
5. Then in a nobler, sweeter song,
I'll sing thy power to save;
when this poor lisping stammering tongue
lies silent in the grave.
6. Lord, I believe thou hast prepared
(unworthy though I be)
for me a blood-bought free reward,
a golden harp for me!
7. 'Tis strung, and tuned, for endless years,
and formed by power divine,
to sound in God the Father's ears
no other name but thine.
William Cowper, in: The Complete Poetical Works of William Cowper, ca. 1853, 242.