Christ My Song - 626
Jesus, these eyes have never seen - Unseen, not unknown
(Ray Palmer/Johannes Thomas Rüegg)
Unseen, not unknown.
"Whom having not seen ye love." (1 Peter 1,8)
1. Jesus, these eyes have never seen
that radiant form of thine;
the veil of sense hangs dark between
thy blessed face and mine. (PDF - Midi)
2. I see thee not, I hear thee not,
yet art thou oft with me;
and earth hath ne'er so dear a spot
as where I meet with thee.
3. Like some bright dream that comes unsought,
when slumbers o'er me roll,
thine image ever fills my thought,
and charms my ravished soul.
4. Yet though I have not seen, and still
must rest in faith alone,
I love thee, dearest Lord, and will,
unseen, but not unknown.
5. When death these mortal eyes shall seal,
and still this throbbing heart,
the rending veil shall thee reveal,
all glorious as thou art.
Ray Palmer, in: The Poetical Works of Ray Palmer, 1876, 15.