Christ My Song - 72
Where high the heavenly temple stands
(Michael Bruce/Johannes Thomas Rüegg)
Where high the heavenly temple stands.
1. Where high the heavenly temple stands,
the house of God not made with hands,
a great High Priest our nature wears,
the Patron of mankind appears. PDF - Midi
2. He who for men in mercy stood
and poured on earth his precious blood,
pursues in heaven his plan of grace,
the Guardian God of human race.
3. Though now ascended up on high,
he bends on earth a brother's eye;
partaker of the human name,
he knows the frailty of our frame.
4. Our Fellow-sufferer yet retains
a fellow-feeling of our pains;
and still remembers in the skies
his tears and agonies and cries.
5. In every pang that rends the heart,
the Man of sorrows had a part;
he sympathizes with our grief,
and to the sufferer sends relief.
6. With boldness, therefore, at the throne
let us make all our sorrows known;
and ask the aids of heavenly power
to help us in this evil hour.
Michael Bruce, in: Philip Schaff: Christ in Song, 1870, 273-274.