Christ My Song - 782
O earth, rejoice! from Salem see - The King in his beauty
(Sir Edward Denny/Johannes Thomas Rüegg)
The King in his beauty.
"The whole earth is full of his glory." (Isaiah 6,3)
2. Lo, Jacob's star, in vision seen
by Balaam's wond'ring eye!
it bursts upon the nations now,
the day-spring from on high.
3. A crown, but not a crown of thorn,
surrounds the Victor's brow;
that hand that once was pierced for sin,
it wields the sceptre now.
4. But brighter honours far than those
of David's royal Son,
as Head of his anointed Bride,
the Lord of life hath won.
5. Though grace may shine in all his ways,
with Israel's chosen race;
'tis in his church alone we see
the full display of grace.
6. 'Twas grace divine that made him love,
and choose her for his own;
grace raised her from her low estate,
and placed her on the throne.
Sir Edward Denny, Hymns and Poems, 1870, 30-31.