Christ My Song - 802
Jesus, the One unchanging - A song
(Frances Bevan/Johannes Thomas Rüegg)
1. Jesus, the One unchanging,
thy love I know;
I remember the Cross and the passion
of long ago. (PDF - Midi)
2. Jesus, thy love unchanging,
how passing sweet,
when I shall arise with singing,
thyself to meet!
3. Jesus! the One unchanging,
that love of yore,
that love that shall be my gladness
for evermore –
4. that love is the love that bears me
o'er starless deeps;
that never through long night watches
slumbers nor sleeps –
5. that filleth the lonely chambers
with psalm and song,
and along my journey guards me,
all, all along.
6. Of old on the Cross not deeper
than now it is deep –
not sweeter in innermost Heaven
than whilst I weep.
7. Nor less whilst I traverse the desert
in pilgrim guise,
than when white and radiant before thee
Frances Bevan, Hymns of Ter Steegen, Suso and others 1, 1899, 150-151.