Christ My Song - 88
The world can neither give nor take
(John Mason/Selina, Countess of Huntingdon/
Johannes Thomas Rüegg)
The world can neither give nor take.
2. The burning bush was not consumed
whilst God remainèd there;
the three, when Jesus made the fourth,
found fire as soft as air.
3. God's furnace doth in Zion stand;
but Zion's God sits by,
as the refiner views his gold
with an observant eye.
4. His thoughts are high, his love is wise,
his wounds a cure intend;
and, though he doth not always smile,
he loves unto the end.
5. His love is constant as the sun,
though clouds come oft between;
and, could my faith but pierce these clouds,
it might be always seen.
6. Yet I shall ever, ever sing,
and thou for ever shine:
I have thine own dear pledge for this;
Lord, thou art ever mine.