Christ My Song - 929
My home! 't is not here in a region of death - The believer's home (James George Deck/Johannes Thomas Rüegg)
The believer's home.
1. My home! 't is not here in a region of death,
which sin has defiled with its poisonous breath;
where Christ was rejected; where man is oppressed:
in a world full of groaning I seek not my rest. PDF - Midi
2. You show me its palaces, stately and fair, –
the brows of their inmates are furrowed with care;
its wisdom is folly, and madness its mirth,
the shadows of death all envelop the earth.
3. I gaze on the mountain, the forest, and flood, –
they speak of their Maker, m y Father, and God;
h i s sunshine enlivens the day with its light,
h i s moon and h i s stars give a voice to the night;
4. his hand paints each flower with its beautiful dye;
his providence watches the sparrows that fly:
I hear h i m , and see h i m , wherever I roam;
this earth is h i s w o r k , but it is not m y H o m e .
5. My home is in heaven, for Jesus is there;
he is gone his own home for his friends to prepare;
in the land which no evil has ever defiled,
where each tear shall be wiped from the eye of his child.
6. My home is in heaven! yes, there we shall meet;
what joy it will be our companions to greet,
with whom thro' this desert we journeyed along,
when the sigh shall be changed for the harp and the song!
James George Deck, Hymns and Sacred Poems, 1906, 56-57.