Christ My Song - 956
Come, saints, praise the Lamb, rejoice in his name! - A song of praise (James George Deck/Johannes Thomas Rüegg)
A song of praise.
1. Come, saints, praise the Lamb, rejoice in his name!
Let us lift up our voice and his mercies proclaim,
his love to the Church, which he purchased with blood,
to make her his Bride and the Temple of God. PDF - Midi
2. When wandering far from the Father's abode,
the heart full of pride and hatred of God,
the children of darkness, of Satan the slaves,
'twas Jesus redeemed us – his merit that saves.
3. Our sins on the cross he on Calvary bore,
he blotted them out to be mentioned no more;
now pardoned and cleansed we boldly draw near,
and cry, "Abba, Father!" unhindered by fear.
4. Despised by the world, we are strangers below,
but callèd to heaven we cheerfully go;
the Lord is our Leader; and strong in his might,
though Satan opposes, we fight the good fight.
5. We look for the day when Jesus shall come,
and take all his blood-purchased brethren home;
when we shall behold all his glory and grace,
and our heaven be found in the light of his face.
James George Deck, Hymns and Sacred Poems, 1906, 22.