Christ My Song - 1199
Now may the Spirit, sent from heav'n
(Thomas Kelly/Johannes Thomas Rüegg)
Now may the Spirit, sent from heaven.
"He is like a refiner's fire." (Malachi 3,2)
1. Now may the Spirit, sent from heav'n,
baptize us with his fire;
consuming all unhallowed leav'n
be this our soul's desire. PDF - Midi
2. The temples of the living God
should consecrated be;
"The unclean thing" and his abode
in nothing can agree.
3. His work it is, who dwells within,
to purify the place;
he only can contend with sin,
for pow'r is his, and grace.
4. We look to him, to him we cry,
Expel the evil, Lord;
thine habitation purify,
according to thy word.
5. Let no unholy thing remain
thy temple to pollute;
remove the guilt, remove the stain,
O cast the evil out.
Thomas Kelly, Hymns on various passages of Scripture, ca. 1853, Hymn 162.