Christ My Song - 1211
Awake, ye saints, awake and watch
(Thomas Kelly/Johannes Thomas Rüegg)
Awake, ye saints, awake and watch.
"And what I say unto you, I say unto all – watch."
(Mark 13, 37)
1. Awake, ye saints, awake and watch,
the bridegroom may be near;
how awful, should the summons catch
his people slumb'ring here! PDF - Midi
2. They who are ready to attend
the Lord when he appears,
with him to glory shall ascend;
eternal life is theirs.
3. With him they shall sit down, and feast
on heav'n's unbounded store;
enjoy an everlasting rest,
and never hunger more.
4. When once the chamber door shall close,
be sure beyond a doubt,
no further hope remains for those
who then are found without.
5. Awake, and be ye like to those
who wait their Lord's return;
awake, nor yield to that repose,
whose end it is to mourn.
Thomas Kelly, Hymns on various passages of Scripture, ca. 1853, Hymn 56.