Christ My Song - 1255
How blessed and how bright the day
(Thomas Kelly/Johannes Thomas Rüegg)
How blessed and how bright the day.
"We ... look for new heavens and a new earth." (2 Peter 3,13)
1. How blessed and how bright the day,
when Jesus shall again appear,
to take his waiting saints away,
and give them all they hope for here. PDF - Midi
2. The name he bears no equal has,
his kingdom everlasting is;
the Lord of all, who is, who was,
and will be, grace and glory his.
3. The theme is wondrous all, and teems
with glorious things surpassing thought.
What now is seen, and goodly seems,
what is it? and its value what?
4. The whole is gone, and in its place
a mass of liquid fire is seen;
the molten elements no trace
retain of what they once had been.
5. But, lo! he maketh all things new;
things go and come at his command.
New heavens, new earth appear in view,
and have their being from his hand.
6. 'Tis here his people have their home,
the place of rest from toil and strife.
'Tis conflict all, this side the tomb;
beyond it is eternal life.
Thomas Kelly, Hymns on various passages of Scripture, ca. 1853, Hymn 87.