Christ My Song - 1362
The trumpet is sounding, the Lord is appearing
(Thomas Kelly/Johannes Thomas Rüegg)
The trumpet is sounding, the Lord is appearing.
"It is done." (Revelation 16,17)
1. The trumpet is sounding, the Lord is appearing;
the earth and the heavens are passing away;
here end, and for ever, our doubting and fearing;
it all disappears in this wonderful day. PDF - Midi
2. How awful, how glorious, how dazzling the sight is!
The Saviour descending to gather his own;
'tis the day that we looked for, and vanished the night is;
'tis the day with a sun that will never go down.
3. Then joy to his people, their griefs are all over,
no evil can ever approach them again;
The Lord will to them all his glory discover;
what joy must be theirs, and what blessedness then.
4. No tongue could describe it, no thought could conceive it,
what eye had not seen, and what ear had not heard;
a promise so great, it was hard to believe it,
though written in God's own infallible word.
5. A promise no longer, but now a possession;
his people are blessed with their Master above;
they feel as they ought, and they give full expression
to feelings of wonder, of joy, and of love.
6. They sing of the Saviour, who loved and who bought them,
who died for their sin, and who made them his own;
who raised them from death, and who graciously brought them
to dwell with himself, and to sit on his throne.
Thomas Kelly, Hymns on various passages of Scripture, ca. 1853, Hymn 81.