Christ My Song - 403
Speak thou to me, O Son of God - Speak, for thy servant heareth (Horatius Bonar/Johannes Thomas Rüegg)
Speak, for thy servant heareth.
2. Speak, as thou didst when here on earth,
the words of everlasting love;
that my whole soul may yield to thee,
and in thy steps with gladness move.
3. Take full possession of this heart,
leave there no part untouched, unfilled;
withdraw each veil that hides thy face,
and let thy glory be revealed.
4. Tell of thy love and grace, O Christ,
tell of thy ever-cleansing blood;
tell of thy cross and sacrifice,
and draw this longing heart to God.
5. Put forth thy power, O mighty Lord,
break down this proud rebellious will:
root out the unbelief within;
O teach me, teach me to be still.
6. Say, 'I am thine,' and teach me, Lord,
to answer with a glad Amen;
teach me to say, 'And I am thine,
thou fairest of the sons of men.'
7. Say, 'Peace I leave with thee, my peace
to thee for evermore I give:'
say, 'I am life, my life is thine,
I live, and ye shall also live.'
8. Abide with us and in us, Lord,
help us to keep thy cross in view;
Oh tell us all thou art, and say,
'Abide in me, and I in you.'
9. Put thy left hand beneath my head,
let thy right hand embrace me still;
Oh bring me to thy festal hall,
and let me drink of love my fill.
10. Oh speak the word, 'Rise up, my love;
rise up, my fair one, come away:
the rain is o'er, the winter past,
the flowers appear, 'tis May, 'tis May!'
11. Speak to the day, and it shall break;
speak to the shadows, — they shall flee:
then shall we see thee as thou art,
and be for ever, Lord, with thee.
Horatius Bonar, Songs of Love and Joy 4.