Christ My Song - 461
O love invisible, yet infinite - Divine Love
(Horatius Bonar/Johannes Thomas Rüegg)
2. Happy in knowing thee, my Lord and God;
happy in finding thee, my treasure true;
happy in following thee through ill and good,
in toiling for thee, and in suffering too.
3. Clear-written on the cross I read thy love;
thy love is there, and there thy power I see,
the power that comes with healing from above,
that brings to us a heavenly liberty.
4. What is the love to me without the cross?
And what the cross without the love, O Lord?
All sin and weakness I; it is the cross
that to my broken soul doth health afford.
5. O love that passeth knowledge, thee I need!
Pour in the heavenly sunshine, fill my heart;
scatter the cloud, the doubting, and the dread,
the joy unspeakable to me impart.
6. O love that passeth knowledge, shine on me
as through these sunless solitudes I wind;
brighten my path, give buoyant liberty,
nerve for the fight, unburden and unbind.
Horatius Bonar, Hymns of Faith and Hope III, 1878, 110-111.