Christ My Song - 581
Thee in the loving bloom of morn - God in all, and all in God (Horatius Bonar/Johannes Thomas Rüegg)
God in all, and all in God.
1. Thee in the loving bloom of morn,
thee in the purple eve we see!
All things in heaven and earth, O Lord,
live and move in thee! (PDF - Midi)
2. Thee in the spring's fresh joy and life,
thee in the May-dew's timid glow,
thee in the autumn's mellow blush,
thee in winter's snow!
3. Life is not life without thee, Lord,
thou fill'st creation's wondrous whole;
light is not light without thy love,
blank this boundless soul!
4. Thee, Lord, without, this seeing eye
looks on a mist, a void, a blot;
thee, Lord, without, this hearing ear
hears, yet heareth not!
5. No, not the beauty of the earth,
not the wide splendour of the sea,
no, not the glory of the heavens, –
save as seen in thee!
6. No, not the fragrance of the woods,
nor the deep music of the breeze,
not all the hues of field and flower, –
but thyself in these!
7. No, not the valley, nor the hill
the lake, the stream, the waterfall;
no, not the girdling zone of blue, –
but thyself in all!
8. No, not the flash of diamond,
the glow of pale or rosy gem;
not the fair marble's polished front, –
but thyself in them!
9. Without thee day is darkest night,
with thee the deepest night is day;
earth's only Sun, O Lord, art thou:
shine our night away!
10. Being of beings, Lord and God,
thee in all things these eyes would see;
and all things round, beneath, above,
Lord, in thee, in thee!
11. Most blessed Lord, great God of all,
my dawn, my noon, my day, my eve,
my light, my glory, and my joy,
Lord, in whom I live!
12. Give to me every day and hour
some newer, holier, happier ray,
the earnest, to my longing heart,
Lord, of thy true day!
Horatius Bonar, Hymns of Faith and Hope III, 1878, 25-27.