Christ My Song - 679
Father, thy name our souls would bless - Sons
(John Nelson Darby/Johannes Thomas Rüegg)
1. Father, thy name our souls would bless
as children taught by grace,
lift up our hearts in righteousness
and joy before thy face. (PDF - Midi)
2. Sweet is the confidence thou giv'st,
though high above our praise;
our hearts resort to where thou liv'st
in heaven's unclouded rays.
3. There in the purpose of thy love
our place is now prepared,
as sons with him who is above,
who all our sorrows shared.
4. Eternal ages shall declare
the riches of thy grace,
to those who with thy Son shall share
a son's eternal place.
5. Absent as yet, we rest in hope,
treading the desert path,
waiting for him who takes us up
beyond the power of death.
6. Unchanging glory fills the place
where Jesus dwells on high;
but brighter joy our spirits trace
with him, for ever nigh!
7. We joy in thee; thy holy love
our endless portion is –
like thine own Son, with him above,
in brightest heavenly bliss.
8. His Father thou, and ours thro' grace,
we taste the same delight –
blessed in the brightness of thy face,
in heaven's unclouded light.
9. Father! thy love my portion is,
as son, like Christ, with thee;
oh, who can tell of love like this,
so sov'reign, full, and free!
10. O Holy Father, keep us here
in that blessed name of Love,
walking before thee without fear,
till all be joy above.
John Nelson Darby, Spiritual Songs, 45-46.