Christ My Song - 845
In the death of Christ I die - Who is he that condemneth?
(Horatius Bonar/Johannes Thomas Rüegg)
Who is he that condemneth?
2. With him nailèd to the cross,
with him buried in the grave,
with him raised from bonds and death,
life for ever thus I have.
3. He the fight for me hath fought,
and for me the battle won;
thus in weakness I am made
victor through the conquering One.
4. He the guilt for me hath borne,
condemnation now is done:
wrath has vanished; I am made
righteous in the righteous One.
5. On me love for ever rests;
like a river, peace doth flow:
Christ the mighty work hath done;
God is for me, this I know.
6. His name now is one with mine,
I in him, and he in me;
on his breastplate is my name,
Priest and Advocate is he.
7. Covered with thy robe, O Christ,
all thy beauty now is mine;
me in thee the Judge beholds,
my life now is lost in thine.
8. Since thou livest, I shall live;
never canst thou me disown.
Not the cross for me remains,
nor the manger, but the crown.
Horatius Bonar, The Song of the New Creation, 1872, 132-133.