Christ My Song - 878
Child of the Eternal Father - The high calling
(Gerhard Tersteegen/Frances Bevan/Johannes Thomas Rüegg)
The high calling.
1. Child of the Eternal Father,
bride of the Eternal Son,
dwelling-place of God the Spirit,
thus with Christ made ever one; (PDF - Midi)
2. dowered with joy beyond the Angels
nearest to his throne,
they, the ministers attending
his beloved one:
3. granted all my heart's desire,
all things made my own;
feared by all the powers of evil,
fearing God alone;
4. walking with the Lord in glory
through the courts divine,
queen within the royal palace,
Christ for ever mine;
5. say, poor worldling, can it be,
that my heart should envy thee?
Frances Bevan, Hymns of Ter Steegen, Suso and others 1, 1899, 9-10.
After Gerhard Tersteegen's "Gott selbst mein Vater ist" (Blumengärtlein 1, Nr. 54).