Christ My Song - 798
To heart and soul how sweet thou art - Whiter than snow
(Frances Bevan/Johannes Thomas Rüegg)
Whiter than snow.
2. No more my countless sins shall rise
to fill me with dismay –
that precious blood before his eyes
hath put them all away.
3. My soul draws near with trust secure,
with boldness glad and free;
what matters it that I am poor,
for I am rich in thee.
4. Forgotten every stain and spot,
their memory past and gone,
for me, O God, thou seest not,
thou lookest on thy Son.
5. Is all a dream? Thou canst not lie,
thy Spirit and thy Blood
proclaim to sinners such as I
the boundless love of God.
6. They tell thy love, so deep, so free,
they tell the Father's heart –
not what I am, or I must be,
they tell me what thou art.
7. Come, weary sinners, great and small,
the open door stands wide,
thy blessed heart that welcomes all,
O Lamb of God, who died.